samedi 9 juillet 2016

Corsica: Land of Chess

https://chess24.com/en/read/news/corsica-land-of-chess


When the first edition of the Porticcio Open was announced in the early months of 2014, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Not only am I half Corsican (well, French technically, but I like to think those are two very distinct things), but we also happen to have aa holiday home in the very city of Purtichju, as it’s called in the local language. I went ahead and participated in the tournament, while last year I helped the Corsican Chess League President Léo Battesti produce daily video reports. This year I attended purely as a tourist (and a second for my 1591-rated dad), giving me the opportunity to follow the action while soaking up some sun in preparation for my return to rainy Hamburg.

Aucun commentaire: